Notisbod notis:

Pembelian karya-karya Nurul Syahida kini boleh didapati secara online melalui ejen Mohamed Feroz atau melalui Karangkraf Mall. Setiap pembelian membolehkan anda mendapat tandatangan dan ucapan khas penulis.

Whatsapp/Hubungi: 019-2254910 (Abg Long)
Berikan (nama)(alamat)(nombor telefon)(kuantiti buku)

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Their voice... it's in my head now...

My latest craze nowadays is watching THE MITCHELL AND WEBB LOOK, PEEP SHOW and David Mitchell's SOAPBOX on YouTube.

..................wow, it does sound like I'm stalking David Mitchell for some reason.

Well, anyway. Yes, I am upset with the state of the shows on television right now. They have every single crap there is, with all the Kardashians and all those reality TV shows about cake people, cupcake people, housewives brawls, more Amazing Race (I don't know when THAT will ever end), and loads of single-camera mockumentary crap and sitcomes where everybody speaks like they are in a rush (COUGAR TOWN, HAPPY ENDINGS, etc).

And they even stopped showing 30 ROCK and IT CROWD. The only shows I loved in this whole wide world. And no more BBC channel. Isn't it interesting how the country is oh-so proud for using the UK English  (being former commonwealth and all that brouhaha), but then most of the channels on TV are from America? That's like saying, "Hey, we are Malaysian. We speak Malay. Let's watch most shows in Indonesian."

So finally two years ago, I turned to YouTube. It actually started with IT CROWD. And somehow I found "THE BIG FAT QUIZ OF THE YEAR" (and that became my latest obsession, but since they only have it once every year at the end of the year, I will get spider-webbed waiting for those). And true to the normal behaviour of anybody surfing YouTube, I ended up watching Mitchell's "Soapbox" and he mentioned something about "Peep Show" and then I watched that and now I'm watching their "That Mitchell and Webb Look".

And now my head is filled with Robert Webb's "daradan daradan daradan" version of Devil's Gallop and everywhere I go, my head is filled with monologue in the voice of Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

I love that name by the way. And that was one of my favourite sketch from the show.

No comments: